Monday 3 August 2015

You Can Create It - July challenge

These months seems to be flying by.  Now we are in August I can show you another card I made for the You Can Create It! challenge.

This is the kit we got for July:

  
The second picture is the same kit but with the paper strips turned over so you can see the other side - surprising how much more muted the other side is and shows how many options there are with 3 little pieces of paper!

The paper is from the Cherry on Top 6x6" Designer Series Paper Stack.

The card colours are Bermuda Bay and Cucumber Crush and I don't mind saying when I first looked at it I was slightly horrified!  But that is why I joined in so that I could try something different and challenge myself outside of my comfort zone which it is very easy to stay in some times.

So, this is my card:


I'm not quite sure how it came about in the end but I'm rather pleased with it and as someone has mentioned it could make a good alternative for a man card.

I've used strips of all of the paper (both sides) and edged 5 of them with the smallest notch in the Banner Triple Punch.
I've used a strip of the Cucumber Crush and embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder and topped that with 'Congrats' from the Tin of Cards stamp set and cut out with the Word Window punch.

The button has a little piece taken from the white jute ribbon tied through it and to finish I punched some Itty Bitty stars and added some white perfect accents to them for that finishing touch!

Some of the entries are on Teri's blog this month if you click HERE - why not join in too?

Jill


1 comment: